Monday, January 27, 2014

WEEK 16 KALKASKA (WEEK 34 OF MISSION)


What a week!! some crazy weather here, that is for sure. i dont think it has stopped snowing in at least 7 days haha and the winds are up to like 50 mph so yeah! but i am getting used to it. i will walk outside in negative temperatures without any winter gear other than my coat and it doesnt phase me too bad haha. its weird that 25 degrees is like no-coat weather now. man, my mom is gonna kill me for saying that stuff. anyways...

sues baptism was great!! soo wonderful. i was lucky enough to get to confirm her yesterday and that was incredible as well!! she is truly a choice daughter of our Heavenly Father! also yesterday, carl and dana draher spoke in sacrament meeting, so that was awesome to hear their testimonies and things. then pres thomas called me up to give an impromptu talk haha but i really enjoyed it. it was a great sunday!! 


so we met with steve finally again this past week. he texted us and we got over to his place. he has had some legal issues lately, and may be in jail before too long. but, if not, he committed to come to church next week! so thats positive! haha 

danielle came to church this week and committed to a new baptismal date on the 22nd of feb. this is the same danielle that we taught on dec 14. her life is getting a little more stable and she LOVED church. this branch is incredible. 

we also taught a woman named teresa this week in her home with a deacon from her methodist church. they both felt the Spirit of the Restoration. we will be meeting again with her soon. wish i had more time to tell you the full story, but that will have to wait for another time. 

ryen, the 9 year old daughter of a single mother in the branch told us she would like to be baptized. so we taught her yesterday and set a baptismal date for feb 8th. that is going to be great. she is the nicest little girl and is excited about the gospel! 

I love the lyrics to the song How Great Thou Art:

And when i think
of God His Son not sparing
sent Him to die
I scarce can take it in
Then on the cross
my burden gladly bearing
He bled and died
to take away my sin.

Jesus Christ was our perfect example in all things. I hope that one day I will be able to return and meet Him again. I am thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith. I cannot wait to meet him. I am thankful for everything he revealed about our Savior. I am above all else thankful for Jesus Christ. We truly cannot merit anything of ourselves. Yet He wants us to be able to have all that He and His Father have. 

How could the Father tell the world,
of sacrifice, of death
He sent His Son to die for us
and rise with living breath

What does the Father ask of us?
what do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like His Son,
help others on their way. 

Have a great week,

Elder Green 
Sue with Brother and Sister Hoover

Sue with The Robinsons who brought her into the church

















No comments:

Post a Comment