Monday, May 18, 2015

WEEK 6 SAULT STE. MARIE (WEEK 103 OF MISSION)

There wasn't a group letter from Parker for his blog last week.  

He didn't get to go to Mackinac Island after all last Monday because they got rained out!!! Sounds a lot like here.  Maybe our whole family will get to go there someday.

This past weekend he got to attend the temple Sealing of the Drahers, who he taught back in Kalkaska.  This is a picture of them at the Kalkaska Meetinghouse before heading to the temple.  He said this day was one of his all-time favorites!!!


Brother Hoover,  a member of the mission presidency, texted me Saturday saying that he was with Parker and that there had been several members from his mission at the temple and that they got to have a mini-reunion with him before he leaves for home. He said that Parker had a permanent smile on his face.  I think you can see that in the picture!

I was trying not to cry today because my eyes are sore from all the crying I have done this last week as Mikey received his mission call, and as I have thought about Parker being reunited with our family, but I can't help but shed some tears now as I think of his mission coming to a close.  He has loved it so much and hasn't wanted it to end but I was telling him how his "mission" will continue throughout his life as he serves the Lord no matter where he is and that he is needed back home now with his little brothers and family and friends.

Love you all so much!



Parker with his good friend, Elder Elmer


No comments:

Post a Comment